ViaSats Exede 12 or 5mb
ViaSat Has Finally Launched The New Exede 12 Mbps High-Speed Broadband Service. Call Today 1-866-698-9555
We started a region-by-region rollout of our new services in areas covered by the ViaSat-1 satellite on January 16th, 2012. In our augmented beams (see map below) we will be offering exede5 which utilizes the same state-of-the-art new ground network as well as our proprietary web acceleration technology.
The Exede platform allows us to be the premier broadband service provider in unserved areas and compete head-to-head in those underserved areas typically covered only by lower speed DSL and wireless providers.
Here are the details for our new exede12 plans:
Here are the details for our new exede5 plans:
Within the ViaSat-1 exede footprint, all plans will offer 12 Mbps downstream and 3 Mbps upstream speed. The plans are differentiated by monthly data allowances. Within the coverage area of augmented legacy gateways, all exede5 plans will offer 5 Mbps downstream and 1 Mbps upstream speed. The plans are also differentiated by monthly data allowances
Additional details and terms for both exede5 and exede12 plans are as follows:
- Web browsing acceleration: To make web browsing even snappier, all Exede plans include our exclusive, intelligent web browsing acceleration software.
- Credit check required. (no social security # required).
- Early termination fees apply: Only $15 per month for each of the remaining months in a customer’s contract.
- Service Plan Changes: Exede customers can change their data plan to a different level at any time for no charge (other than the monthly pricing difference if the customer chooses a higher service plan).
- Every exede5 or exede12 plan comes with our fastest speed for a great experience no matter which one you select.
- Choose your service based upon how much you need the Internet, not how fast you want to go.
- Data allowances are tied to a customer’s service activation date and are reset monthly on the same date every month.
- If customers use up their data allowance before the monthly reset date, their service will be slowed. On a monthly basis, their usage will be reset to zero, at which point their speeds will be restored.
- Customers will be notified via e-mail when they exceed their monthly data allowance.
Below Are Maps With The “Projected” Launch Windows For the New Exede12 service. These maps are An Estimate and The Lanuch Dates May Change At Any Time. Call Us Today @ 1-866-698-9555 For up to date information.
Upgrade Program Details
ViaSat will be offering an upgrade program for existing WildBlue customers on our legacy platform. For existing customers, the fees to upgrade from a WildBlue plan to an Exede plan are as follows.
- For customers still in contract, the upgrade fee is $249.99
- For customers out of contract, the upgrade fee is $149.99
- All upgrades require a new 24 month agreement
- Upgraded customers will receive all new equipment and installation
- Existing WildBlue customers contacting their dealers requesting an upgrade should be directed to contact Customer Care at 1-877-711-0035. Customer Care will process the upgrade request and route the service order back to the appropriate dealer.
- NOTE: Since our Exede services will not be completely rolled out nationwide until March 1st, ViaSat will not begin processing or installing upgrade requests until April 1st. Customers requesting an upgrade will be put into the priority upgrade program on a first come, first serve basis with installations starting April 1st.
Call Us Today For The Most Up To Date Information Available On The Exede12 or Exede5 Service